Copper is an experimental programming language that I use as a replacement to C and C++.
- Statically typed.
- 3 backends: x86 COFF, x86 ELF and LLVM.
- Simple syntax.
- Basic type inference.
- Type inheritance.
- Out of order definitions.
- Block closures for iterators.
- New data types can be created.
- Everything is explicit (no implicit type conversion, no exception, no destructor).
- Simple import system, no need of headers.
- Really fast (with non-LLVM backend).
- Not everything in the global namespace.
I'm releasing it because Code Browser is developed with it: you need it to compile Code Browser from source or if you want to modify it. I don't provide any tutorials, examples or standard library (you can get the one from Code Browser) but you can contact me if you have any questions.